I really enjoy seeing children using their imaginations in my kitchen; getting their hands dirty, making a mess and being introduced to new foods, smells and tastes.
I run cooking workshops and lessons during half term and the holidays. Please follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/fabienne_viner_luzzato/ for more details and regular updates.
If you have a junior Jamie or diminutive Delia, why not send them along to a workshop, lesson or cookery and art lesson? All are perfect for kids who love to cook, small children who are fussy with food and older children who are going to need to feed themselves at University.
A mum of three small children, DBS checked, a food hygiene certificate in hands, my kitchen is a safe and fun place.
For my latest courses please follow me on Instagram!
Children’s cooking workshops
I run children’s cooking workshops during half term and summer holidays. Workshops last between 2 and 5 hours and are based around seasonal events and ingredients.
Workshops during half term or holidays held in my house cost £40 from 10am until 2pm.
Private cooking lessons for children and teenagers
If you think your little chef would benefit from cooking lessons but you don’t have the time, patience or energy to be the teacher, let me help. Individual lessons are £50 per hour plus the cost of ingredients, and your family will get to eat the delicious food that we prepare.
I also prepare teenagers to the Duke of Edinburgh Award in Cookery (DEA).
The objective is to complete a programme based on healthy and nourishing eating and acquire life skills in cooking.
Participants need to cover 12 hours in total that I will cover in 6 weeks for two hours per week; they will also have practice homework.
Ideally the course is organised on the same night after school or on Sunday morning or Sunday night.
The course runs with four students minimum
You will take home each week what you have prepared with me or eat it if you are hungry.
Before our first meeting, we will compile a list of food you like, do not like, or you are allergic to.
I will then elaborate a weekly menu planner of meals and food we will do together and that you will practice at home during the week or weekend.
Example of sessions:
- Food and hygiene, basic and important rules to know regarding cleaning, cooking, health and safety
- Chopping and knife skills; importance of eating seasonably
- One week on different ways to cook meat, chicken, fish and different ways to cook them (baked, fried, steamed etc…)
- Different themes and types of foods are covered: French, Italian, North African, Mediterranean, Asian…
- Pastry and cakes (tarts and quiches, chocolate fondant and marble cake, meringue and meringue roulade, choux pastry…)
- Bread and baking (granary bread, sour dough, challah bread…)
- Asian food (sushi, spring rolls, Chinese duck pancakes, chicken curry…)
- Italian food (Neapolitan pizza, fresh pasta, tomato sauce, pistachio pesto ravioli, tiramisu…)
- Other weeks might cover the following recipes based on: chicken, fish, meat, salads, and side dishes with vegetarian options
Charge of the lesson:
The session last two hours.
The group share the cost of a lesson of three hours (that include my time to set up and clean after the lesson) for a total of £150 per session (£50/hour) and pay and share the cost of the ingredients bought and used each week.
Please contact Fabienne on 07973698046 for more details or email at firstname.lastname@example.org