Goat cheese spinach, basil or sundried tomato cheesecake
For 6 to 8 people
- 20-22cm round deep pie dish
- 250g of oatcakes (savoury)
- 110g of butter melted
- Milk to bind the pastry
For the filling
- 3 x 200g cream cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 150g of goat cheese (hard skin type)
- 100g of sundried tomatoes
- 8/10 baby cherry tomatoes
- 30g of fresh basil
- 200g of fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Process or crush biscuits finely. Melt the butter. Mix the two together and make a soft ball mixture adding a bit of cold milk if you need to hold it together. Press crumb mixture over the tin. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
- Prepare the filling
- Beat cheese in a bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Cut the goat cheese in small pieces.
- Cut the sundried tomatoes in small pieces.
- Precook the spinach: remove from packaging, wash thoroughly if you need to, and put in boiled water for two minutes and drain it. Cut it roughly with a knife and fork.
- Add all the ingredients, salt and pepper in the mixture cream cheese/eggs, mixing well. Add the baby cherry tomatoes on top of the cheesecake.
- Cook at 150C on a fan oven (180C on traditional one) for 40-45 minutes approximately until the cake is firm but not overcooked.