- Four raw beetroots
- Four medium size potatoes
- One onion
- 1.5 litre of vegetable stock
- 25g of butter
- Pumpkin seeds
- 4/6 table spoons of crème fraiche
- Optional: 2 oranges peeled, skinless, and cut in segments
- Peel the potatoes And cut them in four; peel the beetroots and cut them in half;
- Slice the onion and put it in a large sauce pan with the 25g of butter until it becomes golden brown.
- Add your vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Add the vegetable and simmer for 25 minutes until they become soft.
- Liquidise the soup using a bit of the stock but not all of it at the same time. The soup needs to be a nice veloute texture, not too thick, not too liquid. Add some crème fraiche to obtain a nice pink colour.
- To serve, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, add a few segments of orange, and add some drops of crème fraiche.