For 6 people
- 1 large aubergine cut in thick slices
- 1 large yellow courgette cut in half and then cut in three prices in the lenght
- 2 large courgettes in half and then cut in three prices in the lenght
- 3 peppers of different colours (orange, green, and red would look beautiful) cut in half, and seeds removed.
- 3 tomatoes (I got some green tomatoes at Borough market) cut in half
- Salt, pepper,
- Dried oregano
Prepare some large roasting trays. Brush both sides of the vegetables with olive oil. For a healthier option you can use an oil spray (some of them only have one calorie per spray), they are as nice. Roast the vegetables in your oven at 180C. Remove them from the oven and add the salt and pepper, and sprinkle with dried oregano.
For the pistachio pesto sauce
- 30g of fresh basil
- 4/5 cloves garlic
- 100g of pistachio de-shelled
- 1 cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Blend all the ingredients together in an electric blender.
Serve your vegetables hot or cold with the pesto and enjoy a deep Mediterranean taste in your mouth!