First step, make the honeycomb
- 4 TBS of golden syrup
- 1 TBS of water
- 200g of caster sugar
- 3 TSP of bicarbonate of soda
- Grease a 20cm square cake tin or slice tray
- In a large saucepan, heat the golden syrup and sugar together, bring to the boil then simmer on low heat for 5-10 minutes. Cooking time will vary but test it by dropping a little syrup into water – it should become brittle when ready. Watch it doesn’t burn.
- Remove pot from heat and add the bicarbonate. Quickly mix it in because the mixture will foam up instantly. Pour immediately into the cake tin. Leave to set, then break into big or large bite size chunks.
- Keep a bit of honeycomb aside to decorate the cheesecake.
Second step, prepare the cheesecake, Prepare the biscuits
- 150g of plain sweet biscuits (digestive type)
- 100g of honeycomb that you have made earlier
- 125g of butter, melted
- Process or crush biscuits finely. Process the honeycomb but make sure you leave a few small size chunks in it. Mix the two together and stir in the melted butter. Make a soft ball mixture, adding a bit of cold milk if you need to hold it together. Press crumb mixture over a 20cm tin. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
Prepare the filling
- 3 packets of 200g of full fat soften cream cheese (full fat as it will hold better when cooked)
- ½ cup of caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- One vanilla pod
- Melt the vanilla pod in warm water and get the grains out.
- Beat cheese and sugar in a bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and beat well.
Decorate your cake
- Marshmallow dipped in white and milk chocolate
- Approximately 500g of mini marshmallow
- 200g of milk chocolate, melted and cooled down
- 200g of white chocolate, melted and cooled down
- Dip half of the marshmallow in the white melted chocolate, and the other half in the milk chocolate.
- To assemble the cheese cake, alternate one white and one milk chocolate dipped marshmallow, creating a nice pattern. Sparkle the cake of crushed honeycomb that you will put just before serving the cake the keep the crispiness.